Jonathan Drori on “Why we don’t understand as much as we think?”:
- Common misunderstandings of Genetics.
- 5 common misconceptions about Evolution:TalkOrigins
- Children’s misconceptions about Science:Operation Physics.
- More on the public awareness of science.
- Let’s Talk Science:Why Science Literacy?
- Science & Technology Awareness Network:What is Science Literacy?
- Why Do We Need Scientific Literacy?, Derek Hodson.
Science is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose.
– J.B.S. Haldane
Richard Dawkins on “The Strangeness of Science”:
Note: I saw Prof. Dawkins deliver this lecture in Montreal in 2006. It has much influenced the way that I have approached and reflected upon my own scientific understandings. I have since become very interested in explanation, the various levels and their associated contextual value; I have seriously thought about teaching and becoming a professor myself because of the enjoyment I get from transmitting accessible knowledge. I have always believed, you do not understand something, unless you can teach it to a child.